Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday mix

Carpe Diem

Onitsura inspired special #26 - camellia

mizu irete hachi ni uketaru tsubaki kana
putting in the water
the vase received
the camellia 

My haiku:

red camellia,
strong positive vibes from it -
good luck charm in spring

white camellia,
like her silky skin in youth
slowly withering

NaHaiWriMo

March 12th prompt -to be added later

where do butterflies
come from? and how do they fly?
my spring mysteries

this spring mystery:
colors turned into music
on the sunset sky




Should Be Reading

Today I'm also linking to Should Be Reading.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My current reading (actually re-reading) is Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. What can I say - I love the series!

My teaser:

He was creepy and dark and liked to set people on fire, true. On the other hand, he was smart and funny - in a twisted way - and somehow had a calming effect on Lissa.

I love these books because of the writing style, the funny approach on important teen topics. 

I've also joined Blog Blitz, a blog hop hosted by DL Hammons, a great initiative to help gain exposure as a new blogger. See the list below!
 
A busy day that has just started!

46 comments:

  1. Very nicely done. I enjoyed both Haiku thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well-done.. great haiku on how impermanent physical beauty is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that why we say beauty is only skin deep?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, yes, the silky feel of those petals....sad that they must wither and fall..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny teaser. I think it would be hard to get past his tendency to set people on fire.
    My Teaser is from THE DAY AFTER YESTERDAY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you're a fan of te series, I think it's a great teaser, but I'm biased - I've read the series 2 times already.

      Delete
  6. How about a haiku on the pink camellia too? :)

    Camellia Seller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. i've stopped at red and white - the traditional Romanian colors of the month of March. Red represents protection against evil and white represents life, renewal, reviving - just as March is!

      Delete
  7. I love the Vampire Academy! The teaser sounds great. :)

    My TT post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rochelle Meade is a great writer and the Vampire Academy is a wonderful series.
    http://cmbrown-books.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true! I love all her series, but Vampire Academy is my favorite - inspired by Romanian myths!

      Delete
  9. Yes ...everything alive eventually withers and dies! Lovely haiku on the camellia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2nd haiku especially beautiful....ahhh..Romania too! What a lovely country, really.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially like your white camellia haiku. Very good

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey,
    Was looking for the Dr. Who/Tardis, etc. but this is cool too. I don't usually read vampire style books, I just have so many more that I'm interested in, but I love that description!

    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-host, April 2013 A-Z Challenge Blog
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love supernatural, so I do read vampire books among the others. this is one of my favorite series though it's for YA

      Delete
  13. I really liked that second haiku. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your teaser is intriguing. Blog Blitz should be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ii is, isn't it? I just fell in love with those lines and had to put them online.
      Blog Blitz sounds fun, I agree. Can't wait to be part to it.

      Delete
  15. well 'painted' haiku ~ colors and textures sing to the reader ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Carol! I'll take your word for it! ;)

      Delete
  16. I find Haiku so difficult - yours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the haiku's! Wish I could see a few more spring good luck charms around here--we haven't hit spring yet and I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope the spring will come soon to you, too! I'm really enjoying it!

      Delete
  18. I loved Vampire Academy too. I really need to reread the final book of the series. That's the only one I haven't reread.

    Can't wait for the movie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!

      And the spin off series is nice, too!

      Delete
  19. I like your haiku - nice contrast between the red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely haiku writing!
    Yay for the Blog Blitz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ Tirean: thank you! love misteries, in general.

    @ Sherry: thank you! that was the idea!

    @ michelle: thank you! Waiting for it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely way to think of a butterfly: a spring mystery.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Shannon! I do see butterflies as mysteries!

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jemi! both for stopping by and the lovely words!

      Delete