Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Equinox and weeds

Carpe Diem
March 20th prompt - Tsukushi (horsetail)

in my front garden
horsetail - survival lesson 
today, as always

NaHaiWriMo
March 20th prompt - first day of spring

day and night kissing 
with the same intensity
while winter says ”bye”

swarm of violets
pondering the day and night -
spring equinox time

Sensational Haiku Wednesday
March 20th prompt - Continuity

season changing rite,
winter says "bye" spring says "hi" -
continuity

Writer's Digest
March 20th prompt - walk

under the spring moon,
re-arranging my stray thoughts
while taking a walk

18 comments:

  1. Lovely! Happy Wednesday, friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - a survival lesson.

    Well done.

    Cheers!

    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you! it was easy to write! In the country side, at my grandmother's I grew around it.

      Delete
  4. survival lesson indeed...I read that this plant is the last of its kind - a living fossil....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm familiar with this plant because I had a translation about rare plants and was the info stuck with me because of its importance.

      Delete
  5. I love your haikus, especially the horsetail and violets. Very provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the image of day and night kissing and a survival lesson! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Wabi! I really loved the prompts so it was fun!

      Delete
  7. Loved the haiku. And the walk as you gather the stray thoughts struck a chord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I was a little melancholic when writing it.

      Delete
  8. Great ones today! Loved that line "swarm of violets."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Christine! I've been so excited to see those violets during my walk that I had to give their credits for bringing spring here.

      Delete