Wednesday, March 13, 2013

National Wormhole Day & more

National Wormhole Day


Here's the premise: What would you do or where would you go if you could traverse a wormhole through space or time just once? One safe round trip passage. Would you go back in time and talk some sense into a younger you? Go five years into the future and bring back the Wall Street Journal? See just how the heck the Great Pyramids of Giza were really built? View what the other side of the universe looks like? Kill Hitler? 

So... a safe trip... I'd take that chance to be transported to the TARDIS and have many more adventures back and forth through time with The Doctor - that would mean more adventures and a safe trip home whenever I want. And I'd ask him to take to the beginning of time to witness it. Smart, huh?

OR, respecting the rule - just a safe trip I'd go attend my parents' wedding after putting together a crazy clever desguise. Like that, they'd remind me later like the insane, strange woman who no one knew at their wedding. Of course, I'd take my camera with me - there's always room for more pics at such an event! I'd return just after having a piece of cake - no point in leaving without enjoying dessert, is it?
 
Photo taken from The Telegraph


Carpe Diem

March 13th prompt - #143, Zansetsu (remaining snow)

no remining snow -
from the still awaking earth
violets blossoming

last melted snow
nourishing once more
Mother Earth



NaHaiWriMo

March 13th prompt - transportation

butterflies flying:
on their wings the softest breeze.
from cocoons, warm hearts

 Writer's Digest

Wednesday prompt- to Baby

 Peter Pan stories -
a cute baby still sleeping,
dandelion dreams




40 comments:

  1. Excellent idea! Mine is similar. Why enjoy just one trip when you can enjoy many more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted the Tardis, you wanted a transporter, we can switch from time to time if you want ;) :))

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully written haiku and photos ~ Good see Spring flowers ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it was taken last weekend and it was so nice to see them and the first bees out!

      Delete
  3. beautifully written.. very vivid :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful haiku

    Through the wormhole, I would do six impossible things before breakfast and then go to milliways for lunch and a pan-galactic gargleblaster

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes violets bloom right through snow, don't they?

      Remaining Snow

      Delete
    2. Yes, they do! and what a beautiful image that is!

      Delete
  5. What a neat idea to go see your parent's wedding. Now I'm really feeling bad about what I wrote this morning. :P

    And great haiku.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, it wasn't my intention! But I've read your post and a smile crossed my face - at least there were no human casualties!

      Delete
  6. I wonder if those photos would survive the wormhole. That was my problem, since I chose to go far into the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered too, but since it's a safe trip, they're with me, so they should be! Don't you just love my logic? :)))

      Delete
  7. I would like to go one month into the future and know that I somehow completed the huge project that's been giving me fits for the past several weeks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always good to meet another Dr. Who fan, though David Tenant was my favorite...

    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-host, April 2013 A-Z Challenge Blog
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. That'd be fun. Then after you get back, you could get your mother talking about her wedding and say "I know." She'd look at you strange while you smile in the memory. Take a big piece of the cake, and a glass of champagne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? My memories would be fresher than hers and she'd be totally surprised and freaking out!

      A friend was just telling me he'd go in his parents' teen years to find blackmail material to hand it to his teen self!

      Delete
  10. You could really mess with your parents' heads after that trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope not! I just want to witness the wedding, not change the past!

      Delete
  11. First, I really enjoyed your haiku. Beautiful!

    And the Tardis would be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You could try to get in dom pictures too. Make funny faces and such. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! Great idea! :D So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a neat idea to go to your parents' wedding. But I gotta say, it'd freak me out to no end if my daughter all of a sudden started reminding me of stuff about my wedding day that I'd forgotten. (And it'd be just like her, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your parents won't see you when you're at the wedding -- it might startle them quite a bit :)

    Damyanti
    Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your parents wedding? You'd have to go incognito so as not to freak them out! LOL.
    Great haiku writing... It's been months since I last participated in a haiku challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol! You sound like a sneaky person ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you snuck into your parents wedding--and took a piece of cake for the road!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you need energy when traveling through time, you know that! ;)

      Delete
  19. Oh, that would be super cool. Though my parents divorced when I was three, and I'm not really on good terms with either of them, it would be cool to go to their wedding and wonder why on earth they got married (and had kids) in the first place

    ReplyDelete
  20. Clever, clever use of the wormhole. I never would've though of attending my parents' wedding, but that would be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete