Monday, May 27, 2013

Around, but not quite there/here yet

What do you do when you set too many goals and make too many promisses?

I had a well thought plan for April, May and June, but I've let myself get caught in so many things that I barely remember the original plan. I'm working to get back on track, though, so, I hope that by the end of May, I'll be back to some semblance of normality.

I don't know what others do when they try to do more than they can take, but I (almost) gave up my super good griend, the Internet, and I'm also on the verge of cutting back on sleep. ;) Neah, that's too extreme.

I think I must start learning to say NO.
Help me learn how to do that by asking me to help you with impossible things! I need practice.


14 comments:

  1. Learn to say no
    Is easy at your show
    Just think of zombie toe
    And the person is asking if you want your s to grow
    Then hell no
    You will bellow haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) that's a good idea!
      I'll do that the next time I have to say no!
      ZOMBIE TOE, ZOMBIE TOE, ZOMBIE TOE.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could help, but I have the same problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we should team up: I'll say no in your place and you'll say no in my name?

      Delete
  3. I haven't had to say no a lot, but I've seen a few requests for help that I've passed and it always leaves me feeling guilty. >.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, that guilt is the one making me say "yes".

      Delete
  4. I know that feeling! Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed I don't do anything which doesn't benefit anybody. But getting up early helps. Come join us on iWrite it's super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to say "yes" way too many times, sometimes expecting the other person to see the "no" on my face and say, "that's ok, you don't have to." But that never happened. Getting better ... with age. :) Hope you find a way to that "no" soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know when to say when!
    Cut your Internet to one day a week - that's it, no exceptions. Force yourself. (I just had another blogger buddy email me for advice with the exact same problem and he decided one day a week would do it for him as well.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's extreme. and it would be useful.
      Thanks, Alex!

      Delete
  7. It's difficult to say no. I sometimes still have that problem.

    Here's something for you: I need to write more, so you can come here and babysit my son for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Christine! It's even more difficult to say no, because I really want to visit other countries so that would only add to my wish of leaving rRomania and my impossibility to say no...

      Delete