Monday, October 28, 2013

Signed up for NaNoWriMo, 2013

Yup! I'm doing NaNo this year. I've decided just yesterday, signed up and dugged through my documents for an old outline for support. (Is having a 7-8 K words outline cheating? I hope not)

In February I signed up for NaHaiWriMo to learn discipline by writing a themed haiku daily. Done, and continued that process for two more months. 

This summer I've written 3 outlines (complete outlines - worlds, characters, timeline) which was a big step for me. Now it's time to extend one of them to a book.

I've already practiced my writing during September, finishing two novella lenght 1st drafts that may not ever see shelves (real or virtual). Well, in the present state, they're not awful, but there's much work to be done. Maybe in December I'll start editing one of them, we'll see.

So, in November I'll try to write a full lenght novel. Quite a challenge. But, after the progress this year, I'm confident I'll finish the challenge with a 1st draft novel. 

My story, Secrets And Lies (work title), is a YA fantasy about a young faerie on the run from her kind, caught in too much intrigue, hidden in the human world. She can't stay out of trouble, or hidden for that matter, which leads her to a world of lies, secrets and scheems, which she hates. And her help comes in unexpected ways, confusing her even more.
But she's not going to give up.  

And neither am I. Wish us good luck.

2 comments: