Friday, January 18, 2013

The Narrow Road To The Deep North

I'm absolutely and forever in love with haiku. 

 

That is why I decided to read the complete work of Matsuo Basho. And, though I should have started from the beginning, when my eyes went over the first lines of "The Narrow Roads To The Deep North" I couldn't stop reading and I knew I'll have to read it again.

It's a fascinating travel diary with haiku used to better render the thoughts and feelings of the author, using nature. This amazing travel log has more substance and more beauty than most of the books I've read lately about traveling,zen or personal quest.

 

I can't wait to read the complete work of Matsuo Basho so I can re-read it.

It's a true inspiration, a celebration of nature's beaty through an eternal writing! My only regret is that I can not read it in original, in Japanese, but it could be a project for later in life.

Recommeneded!

No comments:

Post a Comment